Molen de Adriaan
Papentorenvest 1 a
2011 AV HAARLEM
A visit to Haarlem is not complete without a guided tour of De Adriaan windmill.
It is a smock mill, a wooden towered mill, built in 1778 on the foundations of an ancient defensive tower near the centre of the town. Owing to its scenic location on the Spaarne river and its great height De Adriaan was one of the most striking features of Haarlem for centuries until the dramatic end to its existence in 1932, when the windmill burnt to the ground. Through the efforts of many local citizens, The Adriaan has now been rebuilt. Seventy years after the fire Haarlem's skyline, dominated by the Bavo Church, once again includes spinning sails of The Adriaan. The sight of old Haarlem from the platform above the river is truly stunning and not to be missed.
- every Mondayfrom 13:00 to 17:00
- every Tuesdayfrom 13:00 to 17:00
- every Wednesdayfrom 13:00 to 17:00
- every Thursdayfrom 13:00 to 17:00
- every Fridayfrom 13:00 to 17:00
- every Saturdayfrom 10:30 to 17:00
- every Sundayfrom 10:30 to 17:00
- Tijdens de Open Monumentendagen geopend op: zaterdag van 10.30 -17.00 uur en zondag van 10.30 - 17.00 uur.
- Adult€3.50 Vanaf 12 jaar
- Children€1.00 Van 6 tot 11 jaar